Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a toast to...

my parents, married 40 years this week!

wedding day, march 21, 1970 -- mom was 19, dad, 23


we are off on a grand celebratory weekend to the
lovely chatham bars inn on cape cod,
with 10 family members flying in to join us for the event!


i'm hoping for yet another unseasonably warm new england spring weekend
as we stay, play, walk the beaches and shop...


we're staying in the cottages, aren't they adorable?
i've planned a small party for saturday night to toast the happy couple
with coffees, teas, punch, champagne and red velvet cupcakes...
and lots of pictures from the last 40 years!

have a wonderful weekend .... sending you a bit of new england's sea and shore!



8 comments:

  1. You'll have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Can you believe I have never been to the Cape. One of these days!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an absolutely fabulous weekend! I'll keep my fingers crossed for sunny, beautiful beach weather! (Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday and see your shopping finds...) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your parents, that is fabulous! Their wedding picture is so adorable. I hope you have the most fabulous adventures on your trip to the Cape, those cottages are just precious! Hope you're feeling better too! Have a safe and wonderful trip, we can't wait to hear all about it! Cheers! XOXO

    PS thanks for your sweet comment - I would love nothing more than to be your roomie in Paris!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chatham Bars Inn!!! What memories!! I lived on the Cape for a summer and worked at the Wequasett Inn - I lived in Orleans. My aunt and Uncle still have a house in Chatham. I think I need to plan a visit!!

    PS: I see the PreppyMafia logo on your blog, thanks! (I am the "godmother"!)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a fun getaway weekend myself! Hope yours is wonderful and that you enjoy great weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous time!
    Congratulations to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're having a fabulous time! This sounds like such a fun adventure. Congrats to your parents!

    ReplyDelete