Wednesday, June 30, 2010

fixins for the fourth

we are in prime party mode at our house, 
gearing up for the fourth of july!


the local fireworks are actually on friday, july 2, 
so the festivities are starting early this year.

we live in a neighborhood full of young families, and luckily, can see the fireworks from our lawn...so most people end up at our house for the show.

i'm planning a little snack and beverage station for friday night

there's also a little fair going on in town that we will go too
and saturday afternoon muffy has invited all the 
neighborhood girlies to a water party where we will have


the dora sprinkler


the double slip and slide 


and the pool 

i found some really cute recipes in this month's 
food network magazine that i'm going to try out


a twist on the "flag" blueberry/strawberry cake


and a new, fun cranberry cocktail
(the sugared rim is actually pop rocks!)

and what to wear?
well, (this should be no surprise) 
muffy and i do not have a lot of red, white and blue in our wardrobes


however, i did recently get this sweater from llbean
(thanks for the tip mFw aka prissy and preppy flamingo)


and this cute little tunic is from gymboree


this is my little sparkler from last year
(see? not a lot of red, white and blue!)

what's on your agenda this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Love the tunic! And that cranberry drink looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that 'cake' looks divine! Do you have the recipe for it? Or is it just a picture (that happens to me all the time; find a great picture of a desert and no recipe in sight!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! I was actually wondering myself if it was acceptable to wear a pink and green Lilly dress instead of red, white, and blue on the 4th... my patriotic colors are limited too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea with the cranberry drink and pop rocks. We are off the Michigan for the 4th. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tarts are so cute!

    I love Muffy's little dress...it's one of my 3 favourite Lilly prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be over for cocktails at noon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! You guys will have a blast! I love Muffy's idea for a Water Party! Too cute!! Wow when did slip n slides become so cool? I remember when they were just like a long tarp. My mom hated them but I loved playing on them at friend's houses! I love those cupcakes! I may have to save that into my computer for future references! Love your sweater and what perfect timing for the Fourth! You and Muffy will look so cute in your blue and white!! I don't have a clue what is going on for us yet but I will probably be in white chinos and a navy polo or something. I've been known to wear pink and green many years too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cranberry cocktails... yum!

    The mountains are calling us this Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete