Wednesday, May 12, 2010

way-back wednesday

remember jelly bracelets? 
before they had those not-so-nice meanings?


as a child of the '80s, i loved collecting the different colors from the quarter-machines at the grocery store!

i remember in seventh grade it was very cool to stack the bracelets 
up your arm, nearly to your elbow...
very madonna-like (as in like a virgin days)


well, the jelly bracelet has been reinvented in the form of silly bandz!
the same jelly-bracelet idea, only now in shapes...on your wrist they look like a squiggly bracelet, roll them off and watch them take shape!









muffy is now obsessed and is set on collecting every theme.

funny how these fun little accessories are coming around again, 
but of course, now, they're even cooler!

9 comments:

  1. Some of my friends (in college) have bought silly bands and wear them! I think they're really cute but I wouldn't wear them! Love your way back Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved those bracelets!!!! So much fun!! I have seen the silly bands around too! They are so cute and a great little thing for kids to get into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Miss M received some silly bands for her birthday. I haven't handed them over yet, due to her 2 year old brother, but I think it's funny how all these fads keep coming back full circle.

    Thanks for the flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they think they are sooooooo cool being on the cutting edge of fashion lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These silly bands are all over my house! Believe me, you don't want to run over one of those suckers with a vaccum cleaner! My son puts as many as he can on during the day and takes them all off at night. I will be excited when this fad ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sons have had me go to three different Walgreens in the past few days looking for these. They love getting all the different shapes. I'm just happy they're easy on my wallet compared to some of the other fads they had to have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jelly bracelets! I remember you could get them out of those prize vending machines at the roller rink (now, that's a blast from the past!). Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How weird and fun is that! I'm still waiting to see what the fads will be when my daughters get older.

    ReplyDelete