Thursday, April 22, 2010

always a prep



preppy is how we dress

thanks to beth dunn, who led me to become a fan of this site of facebook!
and to 2preppygirls and the preppy mafia...

do you fit this description?

a true prep....
wears, but is not limited to, Polo, Lilly, Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, Burberry, LL Bean (ie duck boots), Vinyard Vines, J. Crew, Seersucker, ribbon belts, prints (ie cords with embroidered whales, palm trees, etc), Andover Shop, J. Press, Paul Stuart, J.Crew, Gant U.S.A, Pringle of Scotland, Saville Row, CK Bradley, Mephisto shoes, Sperry Top-Siders, Clarks shoes, Patagonia, sweaters tied around the neck, collars popped (if you are into that kind of thing), looks neat and put together.

Hair ribbons or ribbon headbands, pearls, and other classic jewelry pull the look together. Preppies are partial to monogrammed and engraved items (ie tote bags, oxford shirts, jewelry, money clips, etc).

Colors are always bright (favorites include pink and lime green). Preppies may not always match EXACTLY but they are always coordinated. Hats are worn (ie polo player, Lacoste, Brooks Brothers), but they are unique - not designs you would see in the mainstream and the "mall". Jewelry is also very important as well.

Please note that Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch and
American Eagle are IN NO WAY preppy. Sorry.


Remember, a real prep always knows how to be polite.
That means you can disagree all you want about who makes the best polo shirt or where the very preppiest of preps summer, but keep it all in good fun.

Actually, my favorite line in this video is that a prep ALWAYS RSVP's!
and there have been a lot of recent blogs about this behavior lately!

Hope you got a kick out of this!


6 comments:

  1. Completely agree. Love it! I mean, if I didn't, I'd have to change my blog name, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! For a long time after this came out, "Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Holla Back!" was commonly heard among our friends in town. ;) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see that it makes me smile! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Told my son to visit J. Press in Cambridge before he graduates but I doubt he will so we may have to do a "field trip" when I am back there! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Love this! Totally put a smile on my face. Hope your having a wonderful week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete